|This product has been discontinued. It can no longer be found in retail stores.|
40 XLR discs
|Average Retail Price(s):||
The Pyragon is a 2012 Vortex blaster that can hold up to 40 XLR discs. It is somewhat similar to the Praxis. It has a 40-Disc Drum and an orange and white color scheme. It is capable of slam firing for a higher rate of fire. The high ammo capacity of its drum compliments this feature, similar to blasters such as the Raider CS-35. The priming handle also looks similar to the Raider's. It was first released on June 12th, 2012.
Firing Demonstration Edit
- A Hasbro employee had somehow obtained a Pyragon long before its release date. The employee's son's channel, cckuczerkids, decided to make a review of the blaster itself. Unfortunately, the video was taken down from YouTube. The channel BasicNerf had since re-uploaded it onto YouTube. Until June 15th, 2012, it was the only video of the Pyragon that had been released to the public.
- During the night of June 14th–15th, 2012, Hasbro released a video of the Pyragon on their website. The video is still available, at least to some people.
- The Retaliator shoulder stock will not work with it.
- The word "Pyragon" seems to be a combination between the words paragon (a person of exceptional merit) and pyro (pertaining to fire), which matches the Pyragon's flaming color scheme.
- The Pyragon is considered to be the most powerful Vortex blaster. This is because it has an extremely powerful torsion spring.